Thursday, September 6, 2007

Rita Slom's Memories

I'm one of those fans who has kept our tickets from all of the "big" games", the Red Sox and PC Friars. My husband, Aaron, and I had been at a Kiwanis convention in NH in Sept. 1967. On the way home to Newport, RI, we decided to go to a RedSox game. Actually we went to 2 games -- Sept. 30 and Oct 1st. I have the stubs, sitting in Sec 17 for game # 72 and sec 16, 3rd row for game # 73. I came remember the thrill of that last win. I wanted to go down onto the field and grab one of the bases, but the field was jammed with people. We were all yelling and crying with the thrill of winning that season.

Unfortunately my husband died the year before WE won the series. Fortunately our old friend Lou Gorman had got us tickets for the series when Aaron was still alive, so Aaron, my sons and I were all able to be at Fenway when the Sox did play. We did see Carlton Fisk!!! Hopefully I will get to see the Sox play during our last week this year, before the playoffs. Go Sox.

Rita Slom