Friday, September 7, 2007

Brian Savage's Memories

I was driving with my parents and an aunt from Boston to attend my freshman year of college at Nebraska. While listening to the World Series on radio we needed to turn our car around and head back East to hear the remainder of the game. (We lost radio coverage). When the game was almost finished we reversed direction and listened to the Red Sox win. When finally arriving in Nebraska, the Dream Team started in Boston, a memory formed and a friendship began at Nebraska.

A Classmate of mine by the name of Buddy Hunter and I became good friends. Buddy eventually became a member of the Boston Red Sox from 1971 to 1975 and I went to his games at Fenway Park, most of the time as his guest. Buddy, eventually ended his career as replacement to Manager Joe Morgan with the Pawtucket Red Sox when Joe was promoted to the Boston Red Sox.

Currently, I volunteer my time with the Red Sox Alumni on weekends at Fenway Park. My memory of that long drive will always be treasured.

Brian Savage
BoSox Club Director